Friday, February 4, 2011
We're expecting!
On January 30, 2011 I took a pregnancy test at 4:30 a.m. and it turned out POSITIVE! I ran into the bedroom and woke Mark up and had to share the exciting news. I crawled back into bed and could not get myself to fall back asleep. I remember looking at the clock and it was almost 5:45 a.m. and next thing I knew, I was waking up for the day at 9:30 a.m. We hadn't gone to bed until 2:00 a.m. that morning because we had been out spending time with my sister and her family the day before and had a long drive home from Fort Smith. So, at 9:30 a.m., I crawled back out of bed and took another pregnancy test. Again, it was POSITIVE! I was beside myself. "Is this for real?", "Am I dreaming?", "There must be something wrong with this particular brand of pregnancy tests.". These are some of the thoughts that went through my head because for the past 6+ years I had seen negative after negative after negative...you get the point. I was so excited, I just couldn't believe it. We were going to my parents house on this day for dinner and I knew I wouldn't be able to hold in this FANTASTIC news. So, on our way to their house, we stopped at Wal-Mart and I bought one more pregnancy test, just to show everyone this is the truth!!! My Dad was the first person we told because he was the only one home. I couldn't hold in the news and wait for my Mom and the rest of the family to get there...I was grinning from ear to ear and he knew something was up. My sister and her husband were the next people to hear our good news. They were excited...almost more than I was...at least it seemed that way! My brother-in-law let Mark borrow a t-shirt that said "World's Coolest Dad" to wear to our parents house. When we walked in the house, no one noticed the shirt just yet. We started walking towards the kitchen and my Grandma said "Hold on a second! Why do you have that shirt on, Mark?" He just had a big smile on his face and she was speechless. Next, my Mom read his shirt and said "Yeah, whatever, because you're not a Dad yet." That's when it finally made sense to them and everyone then knew we were expecting! I took the third pregnancy test a few hours later and showed it to everyone. Sure enough, it was another POSITIVE!!!!! I'm enjoying every moment of being pregnant, even through all the nausea and headaches. This is a very special time in our lives and I am so full of joy, I can't stop smiling! Our first ultrasound is set for Wednesday, February 9th at 9:40 a.m. Stay tuned..........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment